We live in a world of service mediocrity.
And because the bar has been lowered so dramatically over the past 10 years or so, excellent customer care and service represents an opportunity to differentiate your business in the marketplace and become the logical choice for the product or service that you sell.
Here are my top 10 ways to delight your customers, create repeat businesses and get more referrals than you ever thought possible.
- Remember why you’re in business. Making money is one of the reasons, but ultimately you are in business to serve your customer.
- Respect your clients. Treat your customers exactly the way you would like to be treated. Really practice the Golden Rule.
- Create the proper expectations. Under promise and over deliver …. period!
- Be accessible. Your clients hired you to solve a problem or enhance their lives in some way. Be available for them.
- Be responsive. Respond to calls and e-mails in a timely manner. I have a guarantee that I will respond to any inquiry within 24 hours. Now, normally I respond much quicker, but this is a minimum standard that I hold myself to and communicate to my clients.
- Make it easy to do business with your company. Life is difficult enough. Make it easy to engage with your company.
- Do what you say you will do. Meet all deadlines and promises. If you tell your client you will return his phone call later in the day, just do it!
- Consistently communicate to employees and customers. Remember, the greatest enemy of communication is the illusion of it.
- Make it personal. Learn about your clients, their families, etc. Your clients will appreciate that you took the time to care.
- Share your story. Your clients want to know your “why”. Why you started your business, your vision, what your values and beliefs are. Don’t be afraid to share some of your this to create a stronger bond.
Bonus- #11 Way to Delight
Train employees on all of the above. Everyone who comes in contact with your clients and customers’ needs to understand the above principles.
Start today to install the above principles into you business and I guarantee you will realize the benefits immediately.
Think differently … ACT Smart.
All the best to you and your business development efforts.
P.S. To download your complimentary copy of my ACT Smart Business Development System, please click below:
This is the step-by-step business development system that I help my clients implement into their business so that all their marketing and sales efforts are systematized.